Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Best Intentions and a Field Trip

Well, this summer is just full of good intentions! I haven't been as diligent at planning our summer book club as I wanted to be, but the sunny summer days have been so rare this year we've been taking advantage of every opportunity to throw responsibility out the window.

We did have some fun with "Moo Who?" - we looked for rhymes and puns and learned the meaning of onomatopoeia (say it three times really fast!).

We've also discovered some great books at the library that I want to explore even more than the ones on our first list. A couple of new favorites:

"13 Words" by Lemony Snicket
"A Sick Day for Amos McGee" by Philip C. Stead

This week I think we'll read "Planting a Rainbow" by Lois Ehlert and take a trip to the Bellevue Botanical Gardens to see if we can find all the colors of the rainbow! Leave a comment or e-mail me if you're interested in joining us!

No comments:

Post a Comment