Sunday, June 19, 2011

Moo Who?

This is it! School is over and, despite the weather, summer has begun!

Before I get on with our first book, though: Because of our town library's summer reading program schedule, our little group's meeting day will change after this week. We'll still do Thursday, the 23rd this week, but look for a schedule change coming up.

We'll kick off our group reading with "Moo Who?" by Margie Palatini. I hadn't read this one before this week, so I wasn't sure exactly what I'd discover. And while it's not exactly my personal style, it's a funny little book with kid-appeal and some good potential for fun. We'll have some fun with wordplay with this book, and we'll do some art to illustrate the story and then try to retell the story by putting our illustrations together in sequence.

If you want to join us, we'll meet at around 10:30 a.m. Let me know if you want to come and I'll get you the details on where!

No comments:

Post a Comment